DE WOLF REALTY CO was established in 1879 by William Morrison DeWolf. During the first 70 years, Mr. DeWolf, and his son, William Waldo DeWolf, managed, developed and sold properties throughout San Francisco and Northern California.
After World War II, Mr. Oliver A. Talmage joined Mr. DeWolf and soon became a partner and, eventually, sole owner of DE WOLF REALTY CO. During Mr. Talmage’s tenure, DE WOLF REALTY CO became an exclusive Management Broker for all the Veteran’s Administration properties developed and managed by the VA throughout San Francisco, San Mateo and Marin counties.
Subsequently, Mr. Talmage was elected to offices including past president of the San Francisco Board of Realtors and past president of the local chapter of the Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM). Mr. Talmage served on the national committee of IREM, and was instrumental in organizing liaison activities with the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and providing training of upper level HUD officials. Other accomplishments include the founding of Western Investment Real Estate Trust, a publicly traded REIT with assets of over 300 million dollars. Mr. Talmage held the prestigious honors of Emeritus CPM® with the Institute of Real Estate Management and was a lifetime real estate broker with the California Department of Real Estate.
Upon retiring in 1982 from DE WOLF REALTY CO Mr. Talmage transferred ownership of the company to his son William A.Talmage. Currently, Mr. William A. Talmage is the active president and owner of DeWolf Realty.
Today the company prides itself to be one of the oldest real estate firms west of the Mississippi, and in 2018 DE WOLF REALTY CO celebrated its 139th anniversary.